- A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
- The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
- A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from
the bottom of the glass to the top.
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
- A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2" by 3-1/2".
- During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur," a small red car can be seen in the distance (and
Heston's wearing a watch).
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! (That explains a few
- Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
- The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was never a recorded Wendy before.
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant
in the Berlin Zoo.
- If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself
to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)
- Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves.
That's the opposite of the norm.
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
- The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
- The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't
beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time,
the most known player on the market was Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
- Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
- By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
- Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery
has in it to begin with.
- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson."
- An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take more than three steps
backwards while dancing!
- The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
- The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!